So this pasta can be an acquired taste but as our little one loves both olives and garlic I thought I’d give it a go and I’m so pleased I did as he loves it! its really quick to make too, I usally get it all made up ready for dinner while he’s eating lunch and the baby is napping, on the rare occasions these things happen at the same time!
I massively cheat to by using the olives pre-stuffed with garlic but you can use plain olives and garlic and just throw those in instead.
One tin of garlic stuffed green olives
One tin of chopped pealed tomatoes
Gluten wheat and Egg free pasta
Dairy free butter
grated dairy free cheese (I like to use Violife chesse, it doesn’t melt as well as soya cheese, but in my opinion it tastes alot better)
- Cook the pasta as the instructions on the packet states
- Blend up the olives and garlic into a thick fine paste
- Drain the pasta and coat with the dairy free butter
- Put the pasta back in the saucepan and while still warm mix the olive paste through
- place the pasta to one side in the bowl
- now place half the tin of chopped tomatoes in the sauce pan ad salt pepper and sugar to taste then blend till thick and smooth
- mix the pasta and tomato sauce together
- in a separate frying pan fry off the mushrooms, sweet corn, and onion
- Add the cooked vegetables to the pasta and mix through
- Top with the grated dairy free cheese
I like to serve this with tescos free from Garlic bread and some broccoli and carrots on the side.
I hope you all enjoy this as much as we do!