This recipe is free from:
celery, cereals containing gluten – including wheat, rye, barley and oat crustaceans – including prawns, crab and lobster, eggs, fish, lupin, milk, molluscs – including squid, mussels, cockles, whelks and snails, mustard, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, soya beans, sulphur dioxide or sulphites
This recipe probably takes about an hour to make, its easy but there are a few processes that take some time. Totally worth it though as they are super yummy and healthy too!
1 sweet potato
1/2 a small tin of sweet corn
Gluten free breadcrumbs
Gluten free flour
Egg replacer to the quantity of two whole eggs
- First peel and chop your potatoes including the sweet potato and boil for 15mins until soft.
- Roughly chop your carrots and broccoli and boil these for about 10 minutes you want the carrots to be al dente and the broccoli to be soft.
- Once the potatoes and vegetables are cooked, drain and place in a blender. blend until the potatoes are smooth, and the carrots are in lumps throughout the mixture. The broccoli will have blended through.
- Mix in the sweet corn with a spoon.
- Mix in half a cup of the gluten free bread crumbs with a spoon. The mixture should be able to hold shape while moulding, if not add more breadcrumbs.
- In three separate bowls have your flour, egg replacer and a breadcrumbs. season the breadcrumbs with salt, pepper, garlic granules and paprika.
- Mould the potato mix with your hands into a nugget or croquette shape, depending on what you’d prefer.
- Cover the croquette in the flour then egg replacer then bread crumbs, continue till all the nuggets are covered
- Add vegetable oil to a hot pan then add the croquettes in batches so that there is plenty of space between them while cooking. Cook the croquette a minute on each side until the whole croquette is golden brown.
- Serve with some seasonal veg or chips and sauce to dip!